Saturday, January 25, 2014

Three Years into this Revolution



Asalamu Alaykom,




This is the scene from my desk today, January 25, 2014.

The Arabic was on our calendar today. It remind us of the Egyptian Revolution---as if we could forget.

The little note in English is a profound quote which I copied down as I was correcting 8th grade memoirs.

"When people lose their rationality violence dominates."

In the background, the TV is the news showing the crowds which once filled Tahrir with hope for Egypt's future.

This is what I see.

What do you see?



1 comment:

Marie said...

A date to remember. But seeing Egypt today I feel a bit sad for all the people who went down in the street and fought for a better future for their beautiful country. Three years already and the army is back on stage.
I don't know what's good or not. I just pray for peace and freedom.

Stay well Yosra.