Thursday, March 20, 2014

Someone like You



Asalamu Alaykom,




I bet that a few of you women can relate to this thought I had about X2.

As I was doing dishes, I wondered if I would ever take my ex back.

...if years from now, I was somehow single and he was somehow single...

No, I wasn't feeling like I could even then.

I squeezed out some more soap onto the sponge and decided to increase the stakes.

What if he was the last man on Earth?  Could I take him back if he was the last man on Earth?

I turned on the water and tried to envision that moment where it's just him and me on an unpopulated plain.

That Garden of Eden vibe only lasted a split second because I had a sudden realization.

Sure enough, I laughed to myself, if I was the last woman on Earth, he would still leave me for an alien!

Time to put the last clean plate on the drying rack.

No, I would never take him back.

Even in the warped recesses of my mind, there's no place for a man like him.

I'm not sure why Adele wants to sing of "Someone like you" because honestly if a man becomes your ex you need to find someone new.

2 comments:

Marie said...

You made me laugh Yosra. Never ever. No way I would like to take him back.
In my case he might not leave me for an alien but he would definitely treat me again like an alien!!! Much the same really.
Lots of love and peace to you.

Yosra said...

Asalamu Alaykom Marie,

I knew I could count on you to laugh! You made me laugh as well.

OH, MAN! How have we been able to keep going through life after all their craziness? LAUGHING! Ya gotta keep laughing.

Thanks for all the love and peace you've always sent my way.

I send it all back to you and more.